Wednesday, January 8, 2014

thoughts: this past break


"And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:18

I figured I would start talking about my sweet life since I am so in love with it. This verse has been the theme of my life for so long because it solidifies our purpose in life: to bring God his due glory and to be ever changed into the likeness of his perfect Son. This is the anthem of my life, through trials and through triumphs i am being changed from one degree of glory to the next into the likeness of my creator God and my savior of Man. This is the base of purpose for my life and through this theme, all other growth and love flows. 

this is my sweet wonderful family, the family who has taught me my world. this past break i have learned more from each of these people than i have in my whole life. through these amazing christ followers, i have learned what it means to be forgiving, selfless, passionate, simple, fierce, determined, joyful, and wise. This past break i learned what my purpose in life is for right now, for this stage that i have been placed in. I am to be the best sister i can possibly be. i am to facilitate his growth by actively spending time with him, reading with him, understanding him and treating him like the little blessing he is. i am to be the best daughter, being a good steward of what the good lord has blessed my dad with. i need to work hard in school and honor the sacrifices my father has made for me to go to a school like cbu. i need to be an awesome friend who loves unconditionally even if my friends are not worthy of it. I am to be a friend to the friendless and minister to those who's eyes have not yet been opened to the goodness of the lord. i am to be a graceful daughter of the king, practicing his mercy towards all the people i meet.
i am more excited for my life than anything because i know i am being used by a mighty god. 

No comments:

Post a Comment